Monday, January 7, 2013

is pain in both ovaries okay in early pregnancy?

Q. Hi I think I might be pregnant and I bought a test but I am going to wait until the morning to take it. I am 12 days late with all the symptoms, but I have ovary pain, it feel like poking its not horrible just uncomfortable, its a crampy feeling but nothing like PMS.

Anyone else had this?

A. If you had pain from both ovaries, it could be possible to have twins. I would get it checked out though.


What does it mean when you have lower abdominal pain?
Q. So recently, every time I wake up in the morning, I get a painful lower abdominal pain. It's sometimes real quick. But mostly whenever I go to use the restroom it hurts so bad! Like if i'm starting my period even though I just got off it about 2 weeks ago. It's major cramps when I use the restroom, or whenever I sit down. Should I be worried? What could it might be? Is there a cure? Should I go to the doctor? HELP!
Oh, and i'm 16 years of age.

A. What causes lower abdominal or pelvic pain?

All women feel discomfort or pain in the lower abdomen below the navel from time to time, for instance, before or during menstruation.
NetDoctor/Geir Haukursson
Taking note of certain symptoms will help you and your doctor accurately diagnose the problem, although this can be difficult.

In many cases it can be difficult to identify the cause of the pain, but noting certain features will help you and your doctor come to a likely diagnosis.

The most common causes are a urinary disorder such as a bladder or kidney problem, a bowel problem or a condition involving the reproductive system � the uterus, Fallopian tubes and ovaries.
Type of pain arising from the urinary system

Pain from the urinary system can indicate such conditions as cystitis (inflammation of the bladder), inflammation of the collecting system of one or both kidneys (pyelonephritis), kidney stones or uncommonly tumours.

Typical symptoms of infections are a burning sensation when passing urine and a need to empty the bladder more frequently. In addition, pain travelling from the back and around to the front might suggest a kidney infection or kidney stone.

The pain associated with kidney stones may be particularly severe. The presence of blood in the urine raises the possibilities of infection, kidney or bladder stones or even a bladder or kidney tumour. Both benign and malignant tumours can first make themselves noticed in this way. The presence of blood in the urine always requires further investigation and should be reported to your doctor.

The duration of the pain will further help you and your doctor to make the correct diagnosis.
Type of pain arising from conditions of the intestines

The bowel can give rise to a wide variety of symptoms including pain.

Constipation and diarrhoea can be painful in themselves, and the change in bowel habit usually identifies the pain as coming from the bowel. Pain from the bowel is often described as colicky in nature. This means that the pain or discomfort comes in waves with little or no discomfort in between the pain.

Bloating or swelling of the lower abdomen may be present in many intestinal (bowel) conditions including irritable bowel syndrome.

The passing of fresh blood or altered blood (black motions) from the back passage should be reported to your doctor as investigation is usually necessary.
Type of pain arising from conditions of the reproductive organs

Pain might originate from the uterus (womb), Fallopian tubes or ovaries. It is usually felt in the middle of the lower abdomen, above the line of pubic hair as far up as the navel. Occasionally, the pain is more to one side, which is more typical of a pain coming from an ovary.

There might be discomfort or even pain during intercourse (called dyspareunia) felt deep within the pelvis.

Pain originating from the uterus is usually worse at the time of a woman's period (dysmenorrhoea).

Examples of conditions of the reproductive organs giving rise to pain include endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, ovarian cysts, fibroids and problems related to the early stages of pregnancy such as miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy.

In any case of sudden, severe, unexplained abdominal pain your doctor should be contacted.
What will the doctor do?

Acute and sudden pains are always worrying but chronic pain can also have serious implications and a doctor should be consulted.

The doctor will ask about periods, passing of urine and bowel movements. They might also ask if there have been episodes of nausea, vomiting, or fever. If appropriate, they may ask questions concerning the person's emotional life - family, friends, work - and their sex life.

The doctor will want to examine you. This will involve feeling your abdomen and, in addition, an internal examination (vaginal,rectal or sometimes both) may be necessary.

Further investigations or treatment will be based upon the description of the pain and the findings of the doctor's examination.

Typically, a urine sample will be requested and tested for any signs of infection.

If a kidney problem is suspected than an ultrasound scan of the kidneys and bladder will be arranged.

If a problem with the womb or ovaries is suspected, swabs from the vagina looking for any infection might be performed and an ultrasound scan of the womb and ovaries is commonly performed.

If a bowel problem is suspected, a sample of the motion is often investigated for signs of infection and you may be recommended to have a telescopic examination of the bowel called an endoscopy.


How can you tell if a very early pregnancy is ectopic?
Q. I am roughly right at 4 weeks pregnant. I just found out actually. Anyway, I am a bit tender on my right side where my right ovary is. Its similar to the ovulation ache i get. Its not overly painful but is tender has me wondering about ectopic pregnancy and if this could be a possibility?

A. When I first got pregnant I had pains in one of my ovaries as well, I brought it up with the doctor and they said everything was fine. You should tell your doctor and they will give you a urgent u/s. It is extremely painful, so the pain would get severe if I was that, it wouldn't just be a ache, aches are a normal pregnancy side effect


Could I be pregnant or am I experiencing BC side effects?
Q. I started the pill almost two months ago. I went through last month's pack with no problem, no missed pills, didn't feel anything but very slight pains in my stomach outside of my period which, as usual, sucked. I got my period and it was normal, just reduced cramps. I just finished up my last pill for this month before I go on the placebo, but for the past two weeks or so, I've been feeling quite odd. I DID have sex around 16, 17-ish days ago, and for a week or so now, my boobs have been VERY sore, tender, swelling, etc. I asked my best friend about it, and she touched the sides of them and told me the lymph nodes (I didn't even know they were in the sides of the breasts...) were swollen. I felt them myself, on both sides, and there is definitely something hard and swollen in there. They're quite a bit bigger, firmer, and rounder. I've also had some random headaches, woken up vomiting, and had random waves of nausea, and I've felt a strange pressure in my lower abdomen for a little under a week now. Usually, my menstrual cramps are centered on the sides of my stomach area, near or on my ovaries, and are sharp, shooting pains. While I have had some very, very slight pains in that area, it's mainly a slight pressure in the front area, and while it's not unpleasant, it's a bit uncomfortable. My lower back has also been aching. I know it's always possible, but before I call the doctor up two weeks MAX in, does it sound more like very early pregnancy, or just side effects of the birth control pill?
I've also swelled up a bit... My pants that used to be slightly lose have become snug in the past week, mainly in my hips, abdomen, and thighs. I'm just not sure, because all this could probably be PMS, too.

A. Birth control is a serious drug It can have a defect that can cause you to have over 5 babies at a time that's how the octomom came along and tripletts are usually made like that so it is possible your pregnant





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment